View All Subjects

Language of the Heart

created by: jasand 2 years, 3 months ago

I learned so much in the hell where I was, in my dark night of the soul, and frighteningly this is what keeps me alive today, no matter how bad i Am, that I manage to pass to others this spark of hope I gain survival. Every time I forget my pain and reach out, an overload of Light that help me to be alive and move forward. I once heard that the Gift of Love is the most powerful force on the planet. In AA, since 1950, there are reports that call this the "Language of the Heart." I wish you an overload of love, a giant faith when fear wants to make you feel cornered and small. You are special. Great Things await you. Take it easy, but go. Peace & Light

by: jasand 2 years, 3 months ago
replying to jasand

I remember the darkness and I don't want to go back to the darkness so I keep going in recovery each day. I take it easy because staying sober is easier than the struggles in the darkness. I have learned the difference between Love and enabling. Love is as you describe a giant faith even in the midst of challenges. Love begins with forgetting about selfish desires for power, security, things and love grows as we focus on compassion for others.If I pick up the first drink or drug, I throw my capacity to love in the dumpster and return to the darkness.

by: Grateful 2 years, 3 months ago