View All Subjects

Sober&Drink

created by: Claw2011 4 years, 11 months ago

I wanted to share that I want to be able to enjoy a glass of wine or two on Friday and Saturday with my Spouse without becoming drunk, belligerent, or blacking out. I am not ready to stop all drinking I just want to stay sober. Is this possible? Do I become a stumbling block to my fellow drinkers that are fighting their own war? Please help me to know.

by: anonymous 4 years, 11 months ago
replying to anonymous

I'm not everyone, I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule but I am a very high functioning alcoholic and even then I've been trying for years to have a healthy relationship with alcohol.

by: Missj89 4 years, 11 months ago
replying to Missj89

Missj89, did you try to quit completely?

by: anonymous 4 years, 11 months ago
replying to anonymous

yep. 3 months sober today 🙃

by: Missj89 4 years, 11 months ago

I will be honest with you, as my A.A’ Sponsor and other AA companions told me.Thanks to them I am alive and in Peace without the Alcohol. Alcoholism is still the disease ... If you did not have financial losses, "still.", If you did not lose your family "still", if you did not hit the car, you were arrested, you were hospitalized, “still”
My last drunken period I was insane, I did not die with the car, it was thanks to the Higher Power. when I joined A.A People told me “Its not possible stop drinking, drinking ...".

I used to cheat myself by saying "I'm not an alcoholic, I can stop drinking for months if I want ..." the question is the state I was in, aggressive, nervous, reactive, as they say "dry drunk", without drink but with the same standards behavior.
I was not born drinking industrial quantities, but what started to take away the shyness, to toast with friends, became a real Drink in Hell.

At the beggining I used to drink in the afternoon and on weekends, without realizing it, weekends were extended to every day, morning, afternoon, night and wake up to drink ...

I did not conceive not drink, as how I would have fun at a party, Meeting, etc. without drinking? Today I do not conceive living a single day without Peace.

Peace does not mean absence of problems, but a basic condition for making decisions.

I have two certainties in this life:

1st One day I will die.
2nd With the first drink, I immediately lose Peace and go back to Hell.

You are the only one who can assess whether alcohol has become a problem in your life and is running out of control.

If so, also the only one to recognize your impotence and decide to stop drinking. what I can tell you is that if Alcohol has become a problem in your life, this Drink will inevitably become a tragedy one day. In A.A you will find the same ones that will welcome you and help you find your own answers to keep you on the journey of sobriety.

The A.A’s meetings are very important to keep me on this journey that lasts 3 years and 3 months. When I entered A.A I was welcomed and they said to me, "If you want to drink, it's your problem, if you do not want to drink, the problem is ours.

Think fondly and decide with Love.

If alcohol has become a problem in your life, we are TOGETHER.

Peace and Light

by: jasand 4 years, 11 months ago
replying to jasand

Jasand I REALLY value your comments thank you💫

by: Traymerc 4 years, 11 months ago

We are together. Gratitude. 🙏🏻

by: jasand 4 years, 11 months ago