View All Subjects

maintenance plan?

created by: Trying_my_best 4 years, 11 months ago

what does your maintenance plan look like? whay weekly goals do you try to hit to stay sober?

by: Trying_my_best 4 years, 11 months ago
replying to Trying_my_best

I have been sober for many years so my maintenance plan looks like a daily prayer asking God to keep me sober, I read a message from Sober Tool, I go to the Forum, I go to three face-to-face AA meetings per week. I have daily telephone contact with someone in recovery. I practice the 10th step throughout the day 2 stop my Character defects from getting me into trouble. I practice the 11th step, praying only for the knowledge of God's Will and the power to carry that out, often through the day. I try to help others as much as I can. and practice these principles in all my affairs. I always call someone if I get a craving to drink which is rare these days. If something is stressing me out, I try to share it with a supportive colleague. these are my daily goals primarily. The weekly goals involved the minimum of three AA meetings a week.

by: Grateful 4 years, 11 months ago
replying to Grateful

Can you please help with the link to face to face AA meetings? On skype or which platform?

by: anonymous 4 years, 11 months ago

To Trying_my_best: To find AA meetings near you, call Central Office of Alcoholics Anonymous. You can also just google "AA meetings near me."

by: anonymous 4 years, 11 months ago

Here's my answer to my own question: I used to go to AA meetings but stopped for a lot of reasons. My maintenance plan now includes daily check ins with my sober supports, this and other forums, daily mediatation and weekly individual therapy sessions. I try to consume sober literature, podcasts and youtube regularly.

by: Trying_my_best 4 years, 11 months ago