View All Subjects

Quit Gambling - Day 1

created by: miyoung1889 4 years, 10 months ago

Today is the first day I begin to quit gambling. Please wish me luck, and I can hope you guy succeed in your recovery too
Day 1: 17-05-2019
C’mon

by: miyoung1889 4 years, 10 months ago
replying to miyoung1889

You can do it. 24 days for me.

by: Jafo2k 4 years, 9 months ago

Don't think about it as "luck." "Luck" is gambling thinking. Instead think about it as surrendering to a 600 pound gorilla that you could never beat up by yourself, that is pounding the living daylights out of you, that is killing you. If you just "cry uncle," the gorilla will get off of you. In other words, you must surrender to win. But in order to keep the gorilla from coming back, you need a team of defenders. That team can be found at Gamblers Anonymous. Go to a meeting today. Prayers for you. But remember, you can't beat it, You must surrender to it.

by: Clean 4 years, 10 months ago
replying to Clean

Thank you for your supportive words. I appreciate your sharing. I will learn to surrender the Gorilla and get a better life

Cheers

by: miyoung1889 4 years, 10 months ago
replying to miyoung1889

your welcome. please keep checking back. you are alone, but we aren't. Alone the gorilla kills us.

by: Clean 4 years, 10 months ago

Today is the day that I’m stopping gambling. I want to get help and have found some resources to get on my way. I don’t want this anymore and have to start taking responsibility for my actions and ask forgiveness from my wife and family. On the road to making amends.

by: bearsfan 4 years, 9 months ago
replying to bearsfan

Congratulations on surrendering...to win.

by: anonymous 4 years, 9 months ago
replying to anonymous

Thanks so much for your support that means a lot to me. I will need help and support as I get myself back on track. My biggest struggle with gambling was pay chasing my losses and now I just need to work on getting built back up the good old fashioned way!

by: bearsfan 4 years, 9 months ago
replying to bearsfan

Have you lost lots?

by: anonymous 4 years, 9 months ago

"Weakness is strength." Sometimes a battle is avoided to win the war. We are together ! One day at a time.

by: jasand 4 years, 9 months ago