View All Subjects

30 Days but already feel like I’m failing

created by: americanslam 1 year, 10 months ago

I got home from residential on Wednesday. I haven’t been to a meeting in person I went to one online but I basically feel guilt for watching tv for 5 hours and I’m going to stay up late tonight because it’s what I like to do. I just feel so drained from the past month I just don’t want to do anything… I’m just scared I’m going to fall back into my old routine but at the same time I am so tired and stressed that I just want to sit on the computer all night.

by: americanslam 1 year, 10 months ago
replying to americanslam

You remind me of how scared I was to go to a meeting. Fear stands for false evidence appearing real. When I finally just went, I felt so relieved. They have kept me sober for 34 years.

by: Grateful 1 year, 10 months ago
replying to Grateful

That’s amazing. Congrats!! You are an inspiration.

replying to americanslam

Your thoughts will put you back in the same routine your miserable comfort grows. Try doing different things, all about retraining the brain. Takes 66 days to make something a habit. Good luck!

by: Bloggingsober 1 year, 10 months ago
replying to Bloggingsober

Yup. You are correct! It’s a little better now. Thank you!!!

replying to americanslam

Good for you! I hope it’s going well. Finding motivation, joy, pleasure and energy after detox is something I’ve been dealing with. A friend helping me reminds me that poison didn’t bring me joy. Sobriety is the only thing that will bring me those good feelings! Dopamine, seratonin, oxytocin, endorphins are the things we’re striving for so I try to just do one thing a day… even standing out in the sunshine for a few minutes. When I practice my gratitude I always include something that lights up pleasure centers in a brain that isn’t freshly detoxed… and remind myself that these things cause positive feelings. Idk if this is helpful! But we’re all standing behind you!

by: C90AZ 1 year, 9 months ago

i do the same when i feel down,i watch telly all night then sleep most of the day so i havent or cant go out for a drink because im too tired and have no energy.on my good days i pick myself up and try to go for a short walk.i live right opposite the shop i used to get my booze from and it haunts me everyday.

by: Bubbles 1 year, 10 months ago
replying to Bubbles

Wow. That must be so hard… you are very strong!!!