View All Subjects

30 Days Sober

created by: Tiredand60! 1 year, 10 months ago

I have not had 30 days alcohol free in 31 years. I don't know if I am alcoholic but I do know I was drinking too much and that when I drink, I don't always have an off button. I want more from life so have decided to try life sober. That is something I NEVER thought I would do so for me 30 days is a big deal.
I am inspired to keep going by the people who post here. So many of you have faced much bigger challenges in life than I, yet one thing we all share is the desire to live free. And that isn't simple for any of us. Let's keep joining hands and moving forward. Thank you all for being here. I need this community.

by: Tiredand60! 1 year, 10 months ago
replying to Tiredand60!

Congratulations 👏 30 days is a great start
I totally feel your words as if I wrote them myself and completely agree and can relate to "All" that replied..I relapsed at 88 days last week
and it was like turning the water faucet on full blast and walking away🥺😧

by: Pambfree 1 year, 10 months ago

Congrats! It's a big deal to change any long term habit we don't think is serving us well. Whether we think it's an addiction or not.

To that question, it's ultimately up to you. I finally concluded I am an alcoholic because I couldn't quit even when the consequences were really stacking up. I look back now and I remember I knew something was different with me compared to most people because I often didn't have an off switch when drinking. I saw other people stop whenever they wanted to without even thinking about it but that's not how it was for me.

by: NoStinkinThinkin 1 year, 10 months ago

thanks for sharing and being part of the community. i enjoy the freedom, not having to worry all the time where the next drink or cigarette will come from. no hangovers. and even if there are bad days I can trust that there will be better days in the future because I am sober. Let's keep going 💪

by: Kermit 1 year, 10 months ago

we do all have different experiences involving addiction but like you say we can all be there to listen and advise one another.keep going and good luck!

by: Bubbles 1 year, 10 months ago