View All Subjects

5 years Sober 😁

created by: AussieDrunk 1 year, 7 months ago

wow! what a milestone. congrats :)

by: Karolane 1 year, 7 months ago

5 years ago a broken middle aged man stumbled into an AA meeting feeling completely lost and confused ,he had a first step awakening that he was powerless over alcohol and that he could neither stop or stay stopped from picking up that first drink on his own power .
So he despite what his mind said he followed his heart and DID what people suggested to DO .
Fast forward 5 years that trembling lost soul has become part of life again .
Trusting God ,cleaning house and helping others .
I must never forget that person is me and will be me again if I don't practice a daily recovery plan

by: AussieDrunk 1 year, 7 months ago
replying to AussieDrunk

Congratulations AussieDrunk! 🎊 Thank you for the reminders and the joys of recovery. That is what I love about recovery- we are here for another (like you said AussieDrunk) and we share in both the ips and downs of our e another's life. It does indeed gets better with time and the promises do actually come true. It is as if a Divine Hand is guiding this all. And that, I believe, is the reality of this program.

by: JibJab 1 year, 7 months ago
replying to AussieDrunk

Congratulations AussieDrunk! Grateful for all the help you have given to people in this Forum and to people at meetings. Like you, I stumbled into an AA meeting a broken man not knowing what would become of me. I was met by John who would become my Sponsor for 28 years until he passed on, and Jim, and Bill, who told me in essence I could stop playing games trying to control the World and finally relax, let go and enjoy the ride. All I had to do was apply the Steps to life situations. My Higher Power, a day at a time, has gotten me through life's inevitable suffering and blessed me far greater than I could have planned or controlled with my hitherto small minded ways. Like you, I must remember how fragile my sobriety is, that I am just one drink away from losing myself and others that mean so much to me like you. So like you, I intend on making the small daily investment of working a program of action because that investment has given me monumental rewards not the least of which is another day of life. Congratulations again my friend and "keep coming back."

by: Grateful 1 year, 7 months ago

congratulations 👏🎉 thanks for sharing and all your contributions to the community. I wish you many more years without the hangover.

by: Kermit 1 year, 7 months ago

Amazing. Congratulations!

by: Irm 1 year, 7 months ago

Thanks for being here Aussie drunk, congratulations 👍

by: Cemlo 1 year, 7 months ago

Congratulations! it is good to read how your life got turned around. Thank you for writing... helps me keep humble :) have a great day!

by: Vita2037 1 year, 7 months ago
replying to Vita2037

Thankyou guys and gal's ❤️ I failed to mention that this app both the forum and messages has played has played a major role in my recovery thank you Mr G 😁 .
Even though most of us are worlds apart I feel the connection with people here that walk in the same shoes and walk the same road .

Congratulations. Can you perhaps say whether there was a certain point where you felt that you had this down? I am aware that anyone is just one step away from returning to their old life. But it must get easier with time? Do you feel that you have more to lose at this stage and therefore less likely to pick up again. Thanks

by: cerulea59 1 year, 7 months ago
replying to cerulea59

I haven't had a conscious desire to drink , i am aware that I am not cured but I have recovered from a hopeless state of body and mind .
Early in my recovery I had an experience where I felt like everything was going to be OK . I had faith but also seen the necessity to take action ,a series of awakenings dawned on me without effort on my part.These things although simple to most people were revelations to me ,it was like i had been asleep most of my life and once being frre from alcohol things began to awake inside of me . I finally gave up fighting alcohol it beat me into to submission I fully conceded to my inner most self that I was an alcoholic remembering this fact daily and admitting my powerlessness places me myself and I in a place of neutrality. I don't fight alcohol the obsession to drink has been removed by following suggestions from those that have recovered.
If I drink I will die it's as simple as that I'm not in the mood to die today so I do whatever it takes to keep sober . When I was drinking I didn't care if I died I couldn't face life sober .
Everyday I wake up now I look forward to Whatever the day brings , the good and bad , so does it get better ,I've done the whole dry drunk thing by myself for 5 years and this time I've followed suggestions . I love life and I'm learning to love others and myself

replying to AussieDrunk

Congratulations AussieDrunk 🎉🎉 love and hugs

by: Sirohi 1 year, 7 months ago

Way to go! I walked in at 53 broken and unable to stop drinking. It’s been 5 1/2 years for me and I feel like I’ve been given a second chance at life. So much better this way!

by: JwS11262016! 1 year, 7 months ago

Thanks🙃

by: cerulea59 1 year, 7 months ago

Well done, amazing 👏

by: Andi44 1 year, 7 months ago

Heck yes! Congrats!! What an inspiration to us all! 🙌🎉

by: gothdetective 1 year, 7 months ago

Fantastic!! Congratulations 🎊
I'm 110 today.

by: Creekside 1 year, 7 months ago

That’s soooooo awesome and I know everyone is extremely happy for you! You’re a great inspiration on here and we all thank you from the bottom of our hearts! You’ve made a great impact on me and I am sure many others! CONGRATULATIONS ON THE 5 YEARS!!😍 YOU ARE AWESOME! And thank you for being you and apart of this forum! XOXO❤️😁

by: BaD4LyF 1 year, 7 months ago

wow amazing that's huge congratulations 🎊 😁

by: Chrissaw 1 year, 7 months ago