View All Subjects

6 weeks (42 days)

created by: Rosiebee 1 year, 8 months ago

Proud of me today again! However have to admit i have had the odd thought of oh maybe a few won’t hurt but I have distracted myself and kept myself grounded and busy reading books, cooking and at last we got sone sun for few days so relaxing out in the sun! My head kept telling me okay the take forward wen u had the thoughts cross my mind and I did this and just like an old cassette tape I played the tape forward in my mind and realised this would end in me becoming twisted wound up and end up stuck, stuck in a rut again! So I’ve learnt I don’t want that for myself it’s not worth the agony to realise!thankyou to this forum and it’s for me one day at a time I guess sometimes those thoughts may creep up on me so I have to be aware of this! But for today I’m proud of myself and that’s the main thing! Hope your all doing well, keep strong and positive even when it’s not always easy to! We deserve this and this is achievable for all of us 🤗

by: Rosiebee 1 year, 8 months ago
replying to Rosiebee

Isn’t it curious when we play the tape forward and we are actively drinking that a) most things don’t turn out as we thought and b) it is rarely to our benefit. Why do we do this to ourselves? We need to at least treat ourselves as well as we treat others.

by: JibJab 1 year, 8 months ago
replying to JibJab

That’s so true I’m so glad I recognised the thoughts and didn’t dwell or do anything about it( like try to think of ways I could get alcohol) I distracted myself and before I knew it the thought faded away.. 🤗

replying to Rosiebee

Congratulations Rosiebee. Following the first drink through to its bitter end helps me too. The first drink is what kills us, not the second or third. The first drink put me in jail and institutions. I know many who the first drink killed. Thanks for the reminder to play the tape forward.

by: Grateful 1 year, 8 months ago

Sorry my head kept telling me to play the tape forward!

replying to Rosiebee

Not worth the agony to relapse!

Awesome 🤩... i like that "play the tape forward", probably will use it too, so thank you for sharing. And keep going, you're doing great :)

by: Vita2037 1 year, 8 months ago

Congratulations, well done on 6 weeks. I love this idea of playing the tape to the end - you know how it is going to turn out, but always worth reminding yourself.

by: cerulea59 1 year, 8 months ago
replying to cerulea59

👍

... and 7x1days another week has passed. congratulations rosiebee and thanks for sharing your strategy. keep equipping your toolbox with strategies like this and practice since the stinking thoughts can haunt us. I am sure you made some nice supper as well this week ;)

by: Kermit 1 year, 8 months ago
replying to Kermit

I sure did! Need sone new recipes to start soon! Thanks for your reply and yes it’s all about keeping the toolbox close by and adding to it or using it as and when needed! 🤗

congratulations 🎊 😊

by: Chrissaw 1 year, 8 months ago