View All Subjects

BIG BOOK

created by: ANTHEA 1 year, 8 months ago

WHATS YOUR FAVOURITE QUOTE FROM IT?

by: ANTHEA 1 year, 8 months ago
replying to ANTHEA

Good topic Anthea. The Big Book is so chock full of great quotes to choose one is akin to a favorite song. I would have to say one of my favorites would be, “pain is the touchstone of spiritual growth.” Or as the extended serenity prayer says, “hardships are the pathway to peace.” It seems to be a universal saying -it is by the dark night of the soul that we are blessed to see the sunlight of the Spirit (all day).

by: JibJab 1 year, 8 months ago
replying to ANTHEA

It works.

by: Surfer12 1 year, 8 months ago

Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path.

by: AussieDrunk 1 year, 8 months ago
replying to AussieDrunk

I like that one too. Somewhere I read (maybe it was in one of Bill's biographies) that Bill later said he wished he would have used the word, "Never" instead of "Rarely".

by: Grateful 1 year, 8 months ago
replying to Grateful

interesting. thankyou

by: ANTHEA 1 year, 8 months ago

Lack of power, that was our dilemma.

we had to find a power by which we could live, and it had to be a POWER GREATER THAN OURSELVES. Obviously. But where and how were we to find this power?

Well, that's exactly what this book is about. It's main object is to enable you to find a Power greater than yourself which will SOLVE PROBLEM.

by: Sirohi 1 year, 8 months ago

"I can't, we can"

by: Benjamin7191 1 year, 8 months ago

I paraphrase aome: Lower expectations equals higher serenity.....Fear is a thief......Selfishness is the root of our problems....Resentment is our number one offender....

by: anonymous 1 year, 8 months ago

Pg. 417

And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation - some fact of my life - unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity into like accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God's world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I could accept life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed and me and my attitudes.

by: Inubyte 1 year, 8 months ago
replying to Inubyte

I like this one, it's also the hardest one.

by: Roberta 1 year, 8 months ago

I love quotes

by: Chrissaw 1 year, 8 months ago