View All Subjects

Quit Smoking

created by: Nita 1 year, 7 months ago

I have been a smoker of tobacco for over half of my life. 28 yrs of paying money for something that is poisoning me and will eventually kill me. I started looking at smoking for what it truly is an addiction! My quit day was Sept.4, 2022. Iam going to kick this horrible addiction and live smoke free.

by: Nita 1 year, 7 months ago
replying to Nita

Good for you. Look at kicking smoking as being sober when you read the word, "sober" when you use the SoberTool app. So glad you are here. I remember how hideous smoking was, how I used to throw away a pack and then come back to the trash can and dig through it to find the pack I threw away. I remember relapsing on cigarettes because I was in a panic and needed one. I needed a lot of support to quit, but I was able to.

by: Grateful 1 year, 7 months ago
replying to Grateful

Thank you for being here and for understanding. Nicotine is an addiction. Took years for me to realize that. I use to wish that just like they had rehabs for cocaine, heroin, opioids etc. They had one for the Cigarette smokers. When I couldn't get one it was so bad I would want to pick up one off the ground half smoked. Or tear up my house looking for butts.

replying to Nita

I got help from a counselor. Check out your insurance plans?

by: Surfer12 1 year, 7 months ago
replying to Surfer12

I had tried the state quit hotline w counseling for free. These services are available for sign up once a year. But so far doing good. I catch myself after certain activities thinking of smoking.