View All Subjects

Need help

created by: Bluegrass 4 years, 9 months ago

I am not a daily drinker but a weekly binge drinker. I have been for 20 years and have had tentative to reach out for help in main occasions but as soon as I feel better , I rationalize that I got my drinking under control but I really don’t. I miss opportunities, it’s affecting my health and causing anxiety and depression. I am scared to go to a AA meeting because I live in a small town and I’m worry someone might know me and it will affect my work. What are your recommendations for me to be successful in this. I admit that I drink too much and I’m tired of it.

by: Bluegrass 4 years, 9 months ago
replying to Bluegrass

One of the basic principles of A.A is anonymity and even in the meetings it is spoken "Who you see here, what you hear here, when leaving leave it to stay here ...". I go to the meetings next to my house. There are comrades who feel better attending more distant meetings. Alcoholism is a progressive disease, at first I drank rarely, then only on weekends, then a few times during the week, always in the afternoon, recently it was every day, morning and evening. Today I understand what I heard in meetings several times. "Alcoholism is the disease of the “Yet”, If You don’t lost money, family, caused accidents, if You don’t drink every day," Yet. " I am sure that it will be well received and respected in the A.A meeting, after all you will be among equals that fight against the same evil. Wish You peace and light

by: jasand 4 years, 9 months ago