View All Subjects

nearly 3 days sober

created by: Jamie313 1 year, 6 months ago

feeling good today. am 3 days completely sober. I'm not going to lie it's been tough but I feel good.

it's hard breaking the habits, and when you start to think about it is when all the feelings and anxiety kick in which is pretty tough to deal with. But they did surpass and am actually feeling really good I have made it this far.

by: Jamie313 1 year, 6 months ago
replying to Jamie313

Congratulations Jamie. Keep going you can do it. I’m on day 7. Just one day at a time.

by: london_ivana 1 year, 6 months ago
replying to Jamie313

Great job Jamie313! You are on your way. You said “when you start to think….” I find that the problem with addicts, we think! I found the steps to help my stinking thinking. We have a movie projector head and our thoughts are the slides so to speak. It is these thoughts (slides) that are obscuring the Light. We need to take each slide (thought) out and discard it (old ideas availed is nothing) and put it back in our empty. What will happen after removing all the slides? Will we be the hole in the donut? We will be allowed to project the Light. How wonderful would that be? To always project God to the everyone we meet! We are promised to have a spiritual awakening by the end of the steps. I know that this will be the solution to all my problems.
I recommend, like Charl, to give the steps a try- if you are not satisfied then I’m sure they can refund your misery to you 😊. Personally, I will go to any lengths to have “clear slides”!
Please keep updating us here. You are not alone. I am glad you posted!

by: JibJab 1 year, 6 months ago
replying to Jamie313

congrats Jamie! I'm 11 days in and it's tough. I'm glad you feel good about what you are doing for you!

by: PuzzleLover 1 year, 6 months ago
replying to PuzzleLover

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to give the steps ago. Am a bit intimidated by meetings but know I need to get over it. Well done PuzzleLover 11 days is great! keep up the good work

last night was tough seeing everyone out in town after I finished work but managed to get through another night.

replying to Jamie313

congrats Jamie! I'm 11 days in and it's tough. I'm glad you feel good about what you are doing for you!

by: PuzzleLover 1 year, 6 months ago
replying to PuzzleLover

Way to go Puzzlelover....you are solving your puzzle by connecting with others who are in the same boat keeping it afloat.

by: Surfer12 1 year, 6 months ago

Fantastic my friend. I've joined AA and it's been life changing. I do it all from my phone. But so much support. Stick with it, together we can do it

by: Charl 1 year, 6 months ago

Congratulations!! I'm on day 13.. had a couple wobbly days so far but tried to be kind to myself and remember a thought is not a fuck up... you can dot with the negative feelings and they WILL go. I hope you're so proud of yourself.

by: FoggyNoggins 1 year, 6 months ago

thanks for the positive messages, it's very motivating to keep on the right path. Hope you guys have a good day today 👍