View All Subjects

Lost everything

created by: Unknownaddict 1 year, 6 months ago

My husband and I have only been married 4 months and I fell into addiction around 4 weeks ago. I think he’s going to leave me with our little girl and I’m so scared. The addiction has got hold of me so tightly but I want to quit with all my heart. I’m so scared.

by: Unknownaddict 1 year, 6 months ago
replying to Unknownaddict

You can stop. You CAN do it. If that's what it takes, of course you can. piece of cake. I used IV drugs daily, or as good as, for the best part of 2 decades amd i"ve finally decided to stop and plug back in to my life. You can totally do this! Life is better with your daughter in it. And she deserves addiction free parents. There's plenty of help and support out there. Please reach out for help. You don't have to feel alone. Love and strength to you.

by: FoggyNoggins 1 year, 6 months ago
replying to FoggyNoggins

Thank you so much!
I feel soo alone right now, so isolated but I know I can do it!
I refuse to let the bad stuff going on around me be used as an excuse to use again.
I’m glad that you’re doing well in your recovery, congratulations to you.
Thank you for your words of support!

you can do it 4wooks is a short period of time, i know it wont feel like it but get help from doctors,counseelors and addction workers.the longer you leave it trust me the worst it will get!i started of slowly and afer a few months realised id got a problem,i didnt want to and couldnt stop.i refused any help and though i could do it alone now approx 15 years later i am thankfully sober but the hard drinking has come at a price as i am generally very unwell and have serve licer disease.so whilst you can work hard and get all the help you can!

by: Bubbles 1 year, 6 months ago
replying to Bubbles

Thank you for your advice, I’ve joined a group to help me through it I’m just trying my best to stay clean between the meetings.
I know it’s not a long time but I’ve been addicted to different substances on and off for nearly 15 years now… it’s just relapse after relapse and it gets harder every time :( I just want to feel stable and sober.
My husband is making my life a living hell which is making it harder for me because today I feel so mentally and physically ill but no more excuses! I’m not going to let it drive me to use x

Don't pick up the FIRST drug. Don't let the voice inside your head tell you that you can have one and stop using there. Don't listen to that voice who is telling you that it will be different this time if you allow yourself to pick up a drug. Don't listen to that evil addict voice. If you use, you will only further risk losing your children. Let us know how you are doing. Pick up your device and post something here rather than using.If you tell us how you are feeling, it will help shut up the addict voice that we all must deal with. Care so much about you and your children!

by: Surfer12 1 year, 6 months ago
replying to Surfer12

Thank you for replying on my post, today has been really hard my husband has told me he wants a divorce. I’m determined not to use again but it’s so hard because I feel so down, I feel suicidal. The only thing stopping me right now is my little girl. I can’t believe what I’ve been doing and the length of the mistakes I’ve made. The guilt is so overwhelming I’m so ashamed. I can fight the addict voice but the suicidal voice is getting too much, I’ve rang a helpline earlier I think I might need to do it again.
Thank you for caring and your message, it does mean a lot even though we’re strangers, I’m very grateful xx

Unknownaddict, I encourage you to call suicide hotline again. Please also remember that many people have been exactly where you are right now, and they have come back to live a happy, meaningful life because they were able to stay sober by practicing a recovery program each day. I tried to commit suicide twice when I was using long ago, and I am happy now because I focused my energy on staying sober, and I invested my time in staying sober by getting to AA meetings. For me that's what it took. Remember what you are going through now will change. Don't ruin your little girl's life by committing suicide. I recommend going to an AA meeting after you call suicide hotline. That will give you something positive to do. So care about you. Things will get better if you work at sobriety. There is definitely HOPE!

by: Grateful 1 year, 6 months ago

Praying for you 🙏

by: Creekside 1 year, 6 months ago