View All Subjects

8 days sober

created by: DA0523 1 year, 7 months ago

Happy I have went past a week. I know it’s one day at a time and I really need to focus on this and tell everyone close to me too. I have so much love from my spouse, children and parents, siblings and I need to be my best and most present self for them. Have a great day everyone.

by: DA0523 1 year, 7 months ago
replying to DA0523

congrats! happy your doing well. Family is important and a great motivator to keep us on the right track. Well done ! 👍

by: Jamie313 1 year, 7 months ago
replying to Jamie313

Yes, family is a huge motivator for me. I have too many special people in my life that need me. They are a million times more important then alcohol- so why would I ever let alcohol get in the way. It’s so crazy :/!

replying to DA0523

It sounds like your HP is doing for you what you can’t do for yourself. Congrats. You are fortunate to be surrounded by so much love. As has been mentioned on the board here, self love and doing this for yourself ranks up there with family motivations. Remember you are a beautiful masterpiece our loving Creator made. Keep it going one day at a time.

by: JibJab 1 year, 7 months ago
replying to JibJab

Thank you so much JibJab! That message made me feel really loved and special. :)
Great message

Awesome! Keep up the good work, those cravings pass.... it gets easier by day.... have a nice sober weekend with your family!

by: Vita2037 1 year, 7 months ago
replying to Vita2037

Thank you Vita! It was a very productive, fantastic wknd. :) hope yours was great too

well done keep going.like you say take it day by day!concentrate on yourself first so you can remain stemrong and sober for your love ones.talk to the people you trust and you will feel like there is someone on your side.

by: Bubbles 1 year, 7 months ago
replying to Bubbles

Thanks Bubbles! I am trying to be strong and sober for my loved ones. It’s time for me to be better for myself and them for sure. I can’t keep going the way that I have before with drinking. I’m going to be a lot more active on this app too and reach out to more people like yourself. Hope you are well and have a great week :)

Happy to read that you made it 8 days already. I think you missed "yourself" in your post. bubbles points that out too. it's great motivation to quit drinking for family but the most powerful was for me to do it for myself. that's when I had a breakthrough. keep it up!

by: Kermit 1 year, 7 months ago
replying to Kermit

Thanks! Yeah I do need to think about myself too- just as much as quitting for family. It does feel very powerful to know I am doing what’s best and what is right for myself and everyone else finally. I’m feeling some mixed emotions here and there too. How long have you been sober for again, Kermit? I may have asked you this months ago when I first came on this app