View All Subjects

Live with solution

created by: Sirohi 1 year, 7 months ago

Here the problem is with everyone, it is impossible to live life on this earth without difficulties.
I used to think that my drinking/drugging gave me relief from these problems, but this illusion could not work for long. Due to alcohol abuse, I reached rehab. After spending 7 months hard time there, I was told that if you want to live life properly, then there is an organization for drug addicts/alcoholics like us, by joining which, I can live life without using.
I had come from rehab and tried to live my life on my own, once again tried to drink in a controlled way.. Due to which the condition of my life became worse. When I had no choice left, I knelt down and joined NA/AA. Starting there was also difficult but with time I started to understand things.
And by the grace of God, I was introduced with 12 steps. Today I have a sponsor and I try to live life according to the 12 steps, I go to meetings and stay connected to my higher power.
Life is good. Difficulties are still there in my life, but today there is a way to live life with solutions, and for that I am heartily grateful.
Whoever is reading this, is requested to give a chance to himself/herself. You deserve a good life. It works 100%, you just have to be willing. 

I'm a 30 years old man and I've been clean and sober since 14 Nov 2020. For me, days, months, years really doesn't matter, The thing that matters the most to me is, today I don't need to do drugs or get drunk, I am free, all my needs are being met.  
And in between my wishes also keep getting fulfilled :D

Much love and light to everyone.

by: Sirohi 1 year, 7 months ago
replying to Sirohi

Thank you for your story Sirohi! In the middle of your story it echoed for me a line in the BB that reads “we were faced with a dilemma- live life on a spiritual basis or die an alcoholic death.” The kicker being that this is a real dilemma for us alcoholics! I am glad you are walking with the Sunlight of the Spirit now. We trudge joyfully together!

by: JibJab 1 year, 7 months ago
replying to Sirohi

Thank you for sharing Sirohi. You and I have a lot in common. We also share similar ways we deal with the difficulties to keep them from driving us to drink and drug. Acceptance and adaptation, rather than denial and fruitless forcing, connecting with a power that restores us to peace of mind, fixing ourselves and letting others be, and exercising gratitude, perspective and flexibility as we make reasonable decisions and behave reasonably....this philosophy helps me deal with difficulties. I too learned this in AA. Today, I know difficulties never end, but I can face them soberly and appreciate the times that are not so difficult.I can also see how surviving difficulties strengthen me. Peace and Light.

by: Grateful 1 year, 7 months ago

Thank you for sharing and the enouragement! Very happy for you...  😀Always good to hear personal experience how the struggle with alcohol was put behind,  sober living got in its place and it continues.. Wish you many more sober and clean years :)

by: Vita2037 1 year, 6 months ago