View All Subjects

Movies/books

created by: DA0523 1 year, 6 months ago

Hello everyone! Has anyone watched or read any books that have been super motivating or interesting based on lifestyle changes or sobriety? Anything even totally different but just looking for some moving and great stories to watch or read lately. Thanks

by: DA0523 1 year, 6 months ago
replying to DA0523

I don't but I feel like sharing something I'm in the process of writing an autobiography its called lifestyle of the drunk named Shanus 🤣 .
Every morning I rip out the page from the day before and start fresh ,I remember what was written yesterday but it doesn't determine what happens today. Everyday is a chance to re write your life .
Iam the author of my own life I am the pen that God uses to express itself on the paper which is life .
Holy shit I think I've had to many coffee's 🤯🤣

by: AussieDrunk 1 year, 5 months ago
replying to AussieDrunk

HA, Ha, AussieDrunk me matey, thanks for the wisdom and your great sense of humor! Letting God be the author of our lives us working for the both of us today.

by: Grateful 1 year, 5 months ago
replying to AussieDrunk

hilarious 😂 made morning. now ready with this blank page of today. all the best.

by: Kermit 1 year, 5 months ago
replying to AussieDrunk

Haha, that is awesome! Thanks for sharing that with me! :)
I hear coffee is a lifesaver in sobriety!! Everyday is a chance to re write your life for sure and I am loving every morning waking up hangover free and much more. How long have you been AF for again Aussiedrunk?

by: DA0523 1 year, 5 months ago
replying to DA0523

You might want to check out The Autobiography of Bill W., ...A movie us Flight.

by: Grateful 1 year, 5 months ago
replying to Grateful

Thanks! Yes I watched the movie Flight before I really enjoyed it. Looking for similar movies like that. Will check out the autobiography sometime too :)

replying to DA0523

The first book I read was Living Sober.
I now read and re-read the big book Alcoholics Anonymous and the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions. Good luck on your journey of recovery.
This film Brian’s Story really hit me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tW6N5PssPGw

by: jman1283 1 year, 5 months ago

I learned a bit about how my brain 🧠 works listening to "habits of a happy brain" by Loretta graziano breuning. also "learned hopefullness" by Dan tomasulo helped me understand a few things, like "thinking traps", repetitive negative thoughts, also called stinking thinking.

by: Kermit 1 year, 5 months ago
replying to Kermit

Perfect! Thanks so much Kermit! Will definitely listen to that sometime soon!

I love Russell Brand because he has done so much to raise awareness about addiction in the UK and elsewhere including lobbying government.
Here he is on 19th anniversary - he has become very spiritual - his book is called Recovery (freedom from our addictions)

by: cerulea59 1 year, 5 months ago
replying to cerulea59

Thanks so much Cerulea59. I know Russel Brand has spoken a lot about addiction and his life but I have never actually had a listen yet or looked into anything he has done for addiction. I guess before I thought I had a problem I wasn’t really too interested. Here I am more then ever interested in sobriety and living a completely different lifestyle.
I’m going to look at his book right now

replying to DA0523

My Name is Bill W. a good movie. Old movie by Michael Keaton “Clean and Sober.” Also, an outlier but I enjoyed it- “Requiem for a Dream” Enjoy your new page (life)!

by: JibJab 1 year, 5 months ago

I love the sitcom ‘Mom’ ‘. Also these…https://pinnacletreatment.com/blog/movies-watch-recovery/

by: Saffirefox 1 year, 5 months ago