View All Subjects

Lost a friend

created by: davidy 1 week, 2 days ago

I’m feeling sad, as a good friend passed yesterday. I’m vulnerable, but I’m not gonna use. We all need to be good to ourselves… we need each other. One day at a time we do this together. 🙏🏼

by: davidy 1 week, 2 days ago
replying to davidy

Deepest sympathies David. Its ok to feel sad and grieve. We don't have to drink to run from our feeling and then run into trouble.

by: Grateful 1 week, 2 days ago
replying to davidy

Sorry for your loss stay strong we r all here for you.. one day at a time you can do this 🤗

by: Rosiebee 1 week, 1 day ago
replying to davidy

Condolences davidy, we do need each each other and we are here for you. Keep reaching out to others. Grieve and take the time you need.

by: JibJab 1 week, 1 day ago

I am sorry for your loss David

by: cerulea59 1 week, 1 day ago

God that's hard. I'm so sorry for your loss. Grief is a very heavy emotion but you are strong enough to carry it without false "help" from substances and alcohol. you have all the tools you need, you may just be a little rusty sitting with your emotions. Let yourself grieve properly. Grief is a gift that reflects how much we loved.

by: FoggyNoggins 1 week, 1 day ago

I'm sorry for your loss. I've lost my dog and it's not the same, but I can relate a bit. You're so much stronger then you think. You will have lighter days.

by: gothdetective 1 week ago

I lost a friend this year to a overdose it bothered and effected me more than my own like why did I get another chance and he didn’t question like that I asked my self over and over

by: Kellybeatty 1 day, 19 hours ago

Just dedicate this day to honoring your friend by staying sober. Get involved with AA. Deepest sympathies for your loss.

by: Grateful 1 day ago