View All Subjects

Pain

created by: Grateful 6 days, 23 hours ago

Had MRI yesterday. Have sciatica pain. I'm taking medication responsibly. I'm not going to pick up the first drink. very challenging.

by: Grateful 6 days, 23 hours ago
replying to Grateful

I hope you find some relief Grateful 🙏Is it a old injury playing up . Have you heard of a bloke called Dr Eric Berg ,he has some great videos on YouTube that may assist.

by: AussieDrunk 6 days, 5 hours ago
replying to Grateful

Prayers are with you. My wife had an MRI yesterday- coincidence? She suffers migraines and had stroke like symptoms. I am glad you have the medication to help with the sciatica. I feel the pain. If one of us is suffering we are all suffering. Be well my friend. Our Father will take care of you.

by: JibJab 6 days ago
replying to Grateful

hey grateful, how are you?
hope the pain is getting better.

by: Jamie313 4 days, 8 hours ago
replying to Jamie313

Thanks for asking Jamie, Am doing well. Pain is lessening. Glad I have a program of recovery and supportive people like you.

by: Grateful 4 days, 8 hours ago
replying to Grateful

Oh no. Pain is the worst. Please be careful in treatment. I had a lumbar puncture go terrible wrong and at a different time a chiropractor broke my nervous system with a neck cracking. I had a stroke on the table and been in constant nerve Pain since age 35. After ten years of being overmedicated on norco I quit all pain meds. They didn’t really help anyway! I’m 53 now and the pain hasn’t improved much but got used to it. I hope you find the medical solution that works for you !! Praying the doctors have an easy solution. Keep us updated. Prayers for your peace.

by: Henny 17 hours, 56 minutes ago

Oof, sorry to hear about that. I hope your condition can be improved with physical therapy and that you won't need surgery. I know there are specific meds now for back pain because my brother uses them for his lower back issues and some supplements might also help a bit, but it is definitely really awful living with chronic pain... Hang in there, you're so much stronger than you think! 🌿

by: gothdetective 6 days, 23 hours ago

Thinking of you Grateful. I know you will find strength and support from the support group you have built. Hang in there!

by: Tiredand60! 6 days, 19 hours ago

I am sorry you are going through that. I am praying for you and taking first drink will only lead to more problems and more pain in long run. Try doing something that may help pain possibly meditation. sometimes that helps me. I wish you luck and just remember it's only temporary and will get better. Us alcoholics want the quick fix which ends up being the most harmful one. I hope you feel better and stay strong!

by: anonymous 6 days, 13 hours ago

Although Dr Berg is a scientologist, and I try not to knowingly support that stupidity in ANY way, he does have some good advice.

I've found great tips on effective stretching from the "spine care decompression and chiropractic centre" channel on YouTube.

I'm so two-minded on chiropractic "medicine", because if you look up the way the profession started it seems just as crazy as Scientology!! However, for stretches and similar information it's possible to cherry pick good info I think.

Wishing you all the best Grateful!

by: FoggyNoggins 6 days, 2 hours ago

Thank you all for your support. I will follow your suggestions and check out the resources you describe. So grateful today. I have found certain stretches to really help and am starting treatment. I need to remember not to overtax my wife who is doing more than usual for me. I am grateful I am still able to so just about everything I used to. I am starting to look at this as an exercise in humility. Maybe my ego was getting a bit out of hand. There are moments where I blame God for all the suffering in the World "If God were all powerful why would he allow suffering". I must remember there is more going on than what I am capable of understanding. That a lot of suffering is brought about by free will not God. I must remember that God and Life are distinct..that God helps us deal with Life. Anyway, I am rambling, grateful I am not drinking because then I would really be a mess and liability to all. Love you all.
. ..

by: Grateful 5 days, 21 hours ago
replying to Grateful

The evil question is age old and still only speculative. I doubt we will is ever answer it this side of Glory. One thing I know is that our God is love and will, indeed, help us deal with this life. That we are not separate and one with God and each other. In my opinion, it is coming to this realization (sometimes quickly and sometimes slowly) that there is only one problem-conscious separation from God. And our one solution is conscious contact with God. Everything else falls into place.
Thinking and praying for you Grateful. Love you and y’all 😃

by: JibJab 5 days ago
replying to JibJab

Thanks. I know what you mean. We need to keep the faith!

by: Grateful 4 days, 21 hours ago

Hi Grateful, May god give you strength to bear the pain.. I pray to god that you get well soon :)

by: Sirohi 4 days, 7 hours ago
replying to Sirohi

Thanks Sirohi. You and everyone here are a source of inspiration and motivation for me to do the next right thing. I am seeing a doctor Monday and hopefully physical therapy will help. I am accepting, adapting, being grateful. Not worrying about the future is a big one for me. Getting older is tough but better than getting drunk. You have a great day a day at a time!

by: Grateful 3 days, 23 hours ago
replying to Grateful

I like this Grateful - getting older is better than getting drunk 🙃
I hope you get some relief from physical therapy

by: cerulea59 17 hours, 43 minutes ago