View All Subjects

19 days and headache

created by: Needlove 1 year, 6 months ago

Hi guys, im still sober after 19 days, but I have really weird nights, nightmares, insomnia, and recently headaches during day time. Is that all normal?

by: Needlove 1 year, 6 months ago
replying to Needlove

Congratulations on the 19 days, every day is a miracle 👏👍🥳. That does sound like my early days/weeks and honestly months of recovery. Everyone's experience is a bit different though. And if your symptoms keep on lingering on and on, or get worse I would get checked out by a Dr if that's available to you. For me I just stayed very well hydrated and tried to give myself the most nutritional food possible and eventually the symptoms of my slow poisoning lifestyle disappeared. Hope you feel better soon, take care🫂

by: Owl 1 year, 6 months ago
replying to Needlove

Congratulations!! Yes I’m on day 21 and last stretch of sobriety I had weird/disturbing dreams and woke with a headache every morning. I feel hungover with out the alcohol. A lot of damage over the years so it takes time to heal. You’re on the right path and it truly gets better💞

by: Dundrinking 1 year, 6 months ago
replying to Dundrinking

I did it to 22 days :) feeling better already, having an healthy diet. Thank you all for your words and help

by: Needlove 1 year, 6 months ago
replying to Needlove

Are you keeping hydrated ,I know in early recovery I struggled keeping hydrated which caused side affects .
It might be worthwhile seeing a doctor to check all your blood levels ,alcohol really depletes our bodies of nutrients and a simple check up would narrow things down for you .
We all experience early sobriety differently but I wouldn't let someone else's normal define my own health .

by: AussieDrunk 1 year, 6 months ago

well done needlove. glad you made it through the hard times and came out on top! 💪

by: Jamie313 1 year, 6 months ago