View All Subjects

Sober postcard

created by: Vita2037 1 year, 6 months ago

9 months today, had such a good day. Spent the last few days in Tuscany. Today I went to Vinci, north of Florence, the birthplace of you know who, then took a short hike to Anchiano, the genius' native village. The path goes over a hill top and through olive groves. The sky was clear and with the high sun olive leaves turned grey and silver, their bark dark, one after another, from row to row planted centuries ago. Sat there, laid there, smelled the earth, past summer's dry grass. Stayed awhile, looked to the cypresses, hilltops across, vineyards paralleled into their lots. Bell towers far in the valley. Listened to insects buzzing in the same small atmosphere as me... such beautiful place in some minutes of mine. Thankful for my life, happy to be sober to remember it all well and to have a day with no regrets or worries that I could have done it or felt it better....

Thank you for being here, reading my ramblings, and always for your ideas, advice and sharing. 😀

by: Vita2037 1 year, 6 months ago
replying to Vita2037

Thankyou ,nice to wake up and read your message for those 30 seconds I was right there taking in the scenes . I always get something from your messages and great insight congratulations on 9 months 😁

by: AussieDrunk 1 year, 6 months ago
replying to Vita2037

Congratulations Vita. What a beautiful description of another blessing of sobriety. I really enjoy getting to AA meetings in foreign countries. When I can't understand the language easily, I get an enhanced sense of the group consciousness: the Spirituality and support in the meeting. I always tell the waiters I am alcoholic (fun to see their reaction), and last time the waiter told me he was alcoholic too. He told me where there was an AA meeting and that night we met there. Incredible how we share so many similarities in a foreign country. Was a highlight of my trip.

by: Grateful 1 year, 6 months ago

Thanks, means a lot and I enjoy reading your messages too -learnt some things from you. Have a nice day! 😀

Ah, that is a lovely read this morning! A beautiful part of the world, is Tuscany. Congratulations on 9 months Vita.

by: cerulea59 1 year, 6 months ago

And what a lovely picture you painted with your words! Super nice read this Saturday morning, as I sip my coffee. Congrats on 9 months, you're doing so good!! I'm proud of you! ☺️🧡

by: gothdetective 1 year, 6 months ago

Thank you for your kind words.

I don't speak Italian, (say all the time that I will take the course, and then I don't, I take a different one...), so I was quite happy to keep announciating "Non-alcoholic" (please).. . It was yummy, some spritzers they make. 😀

That is neat that you can connect to AA when you travel, friends in many places...😀