View All Subjects

366 days

created by: Daniellesoberandhappy 1 year, 4 months ago

366 days ago i went and checked myself in rehab bc i didnt wanna go dirty to my court date. At the time that was the only thought on my mind trying to get out of going to jail once again!! When i got out of rehab i really had nowhere to go so my daughters dad said i coulr stay there for a lil bit. A boyfriend i had when i went to rehab kept my car and got pulled over the night before I graduated and went to jail and my car impounded. My mama passer away in august my dad five years ago and im the only child. I really had nowhere to turn. Would have been east to go back out I would have had places to stay there would have been money to be made and back to my usual life. But i didnt want that. I literally picked my feet up one by one and placed them in front of each other. Fwd to now. I just got me a 2012 kia rio5 I been working the same job since February my oldesr son wanted his family back so him and his wife begged me and his sister to move in. I work opposite shifts as they do so when im hone there home and when theyre gone im home. And i just kept picking my feet up one by one and placing them in front of each other and as long as i did that without using i have gotten closer and closer to where i want to be. I was a dealer for a long time so for prob 9 of the months everytime i went somewhere someone was asking me to get them something or if i wanted something and several times tried handing me stuff. But no matter what i did i didn’t use. I dont know how i got to be where i am but im here. And if i can do this anyone can. I always said i wouldnt quit and would get high til the day i died. I didnt realize there was a life like this. So whether you have an hour or a day or ten years clean keep picking your foot up and moving without using. Hope this helps somebody

by: Daniellesoberandhappy 1 year, 4 months ago
replying to Daniellesoberandhappy

That is an amazing story Daniellesoberandhappy. You should be very proud of yourself. Thanks for posting and sharing

by: cerulea59 1 year, 4 months ago

thanks for sharing your amazing story Danielle 🙏 It's a real blessing to have you here caring about us too and letting us know how you are doing. one foot and one day at a time. let's keep going there are many more days to be enjoyed and without the hangover.

by: Kermit 1 year, 4 months ago

Congratulations on year 1! and thank you for sharing your story, will think of the changes and turns you have gone through when some self-doubt surfaces. It is possible ! ❤ Thanks for being here.

by: Vita2037 1 year, 4 months ago

Thank you for sharing your true story. You are an inspiration!

by: Tiredand60! 1 year, 4 months ago