View All Subjects

11 days now...

created by: Max530 1 year, 4 months ago

just curious on which number day was your hardest day, and which day did the irritability set in and biggest cravings, whether it be the alcohol or sugary foods happen...everyone is different so im just very interested.

by: Max530 1 year, 4 months ago
replying to Max530

I’m on day 8. I was tired the first two days. Then got a couple days of lots of energy, then 3 days of total fatigue, like can’t get off the couch fatigue. Yesterday I got more energy but my stomach hurts like hell. Sugar cravings pretty much every day. 🤣
So which day is hardest? It’s hard to say they are all different but I’d say the super fatigue days because it’s scary fatigue, for me. Hoping that now last 8 days it get a little easier. Hang in there!

by: AZSaguaro 1 year, 4 months ago

Congrats on 11 days! :) I’m not sure exactly what day has been the hardest for me so far (day 70 today) but each day is different. Some days I’ll get cravings for sweets and then other days I have a slight craving for drinking. Some days I’m pretty tired but other days lots of energy. I also have a 1.5 year old and 10 year old so that could be the main reason I’m a bit tired.
I have to keep sober and present for them! and to have more energy 💕❄️

by: DA0523 1 year, 4 months ago

👏 congratulations. I remember after 3 weeks becoming a bit less agitated. after 3 months I had a routine and my thinking patterns had changed so much that I did not have to think about drinking so much anymore. there can still be hard days now 500plus days in but I learned so much and cope with a lot more. best thing ever was was to not drink today. only today i worry about. all these days add up :) take care

by: Kermit 1 year, 4 months ago

Congrats max I also am on the end off day 11! My with withdrawal was pretty hard ! Hung to the toilet for a few days ! Good luck 🙏

by: Ohboy65 1 year, 4 months ago

I remember day 21 being tough. Kinda crashed from keeping busy. My mind went haywire what to do next from a long list of chores, seemed never ending, as I kept adding things, and I was upset that I still thought of drinking even though i could pass a liquor aisle without picking up any. Played video games and watched TV that afternoon, and a long dog walk later. A change in routine happened the next day. More changes emerged later on, and it was at 8 months or so that i concluded that my day to day routine looked very different from what it was. Soon to have 11 months and am loving the improvements in memory. Thought i was getting dyslexic with all the numbers at work, switching 37 and 73 (good that i dont work in a bank) and i can remember them easily. Sodas i don't miss, but chocolate i still get a mini size one after work, less than a daily value and still special. Was at a chocolate festival last weekend... so there goes two weeks of exersize.

Kept a journal, helped with getting frustrations, anxieties out my system.

But that's just me.

Happy that you are here and made that wonderful decision to stop drinking. Great job on 11 days, you can do it! Hope you keep posting updates... have a nice weekend 😃

by: Vita2037 1 year, 4 months ago