2 years clean and sober :)

created by: Sirohi 2 weeks, 3 days ago

It's not easy but it's possible. one day at a time. I'm very thankful ❣️

by: Sirohi 2 weeks, 3 days ago
replying to Sirohi

Congratulations!!!🎊🎉

by: Ohboy65 2 weeks, 3 days ago
replying to Sirohi

Congratulations Sirohi! You have and continue to be a source of inspiration for me.

by: Grateful 2 weeks, 3 days ago
replying to Grateful

that show how humble you are, my dear Grateful.. you really are an true inspiration.

by: Sirohi 2 weeks, 2 days ago

Well done 🤗🙃🌟

by: Cemlo 2 weeks, 3 days ago

Congratulations Sirohi 🎊 😁

by: AussieDrunk 2 weeks, 3 days ago

superb.how has your life changed and have you grown spiritually?

by: Stoic 2 weeks, 3 days ago

Congrats Sirohi 👏🎉 thanks for sharing with us!

by: Kermit 2 weeks, 3 days ago

Congratulations! that is great to hear, have a wonderful day! 😃

by: Vita2037 2 weeks, 3 days ago

Congratulations on your sobriety!! I am 1 month 11 days sober from alcohol, can’t wait until i can say I’m two years! That’s amazing!

by: Hayleybayley21 2 weeks, 3 days ago

Congratulations!

by: Irm 2 weeks, 3 days ago

hayleybayley21 you can also do it, just take little step one by one.. I'm only 30 year old guy and i still have to learn a lot.. but i can tell you, this way of living is much better than any other way i can imagine. keep coming back and keep in touch with other recovering addicts and alcoholics and stay away from that first drink or drug. You will get the best in your life. stay blessed.

Many thanks to all of you ☺️

hey stoic,I like to talk on such issues very much.. let me tell you how my life has changed.
first of all, before coming into recovery in Nov 2020 i have regularly used multiple type of drugs, my DOC is alcohol and i have used it for 10 straight years No gap.
the condition had become very bad, relationship were in mess, i have ruined my career, i was a burden on the family, morning hangovers broke me down so i started drinking 24/7 .. i was also addicted to gambling that broke me and my family financially. life was continuously going downhill, my family was losing hope on me day by day and i couldn't see anything ahead.. how could I even see, i was BLIND. basically i was a spiritually dead person in true meaning.
in 2019, my family put me in a rehab, and from there my life was about to change..
i told you what I was.. i got here and then what happened to me .. the story of recovery, story of change.. i will complete it soon .. i got to go have some work to complete.

In rehab i was told that this is a disease which has no known cure, it can only be stopped and i cant do this alone.. basically i was suggested to attend NA/AA meetings .. i spent 7 months there and during that time i agreed with them on mostly things they told me.. but after getting out i didn't do what they told me to do, i thought I was too young to be an addict, i have a lot to do in life and how can i going to live so long without drinking.. this thought stuck in my mind and with it i forgot all that I had learned in rehab..i took the words of them very lightly, especially those related to meeting rooms and recovery.. as a result of which i had a relapse and very quickly my condition started getting worse again. I came to know about a slogan 'AS YET' and i was told that now it will follow you whether you are drinking/using or you are in recovery.. today i can realise all that too well in my recovery after coming out from multiple relapses..
My last relapse was in November 2020 and that was a festival time but i made my family feel like hell once again in such conditions even after coming from treatment centre.. this is exactly how i was .. a insolent lunatic.

but something miraculous happened very next day..

by: Sirohi 2 weeks ago
replying to Sirohi

Can't wait to hear what happened Sirohi.

by: Grateful 2 weeks ago
replying to Grateful

that 2 days of drinking hit me hard and it brought me back to horrible reality.. that if I'll keep drinking that's what I'll be doing.. I'll keep gambling I'll keep stealing I'll keep lying and I'll keep running from myself .. and this won't last for long as family's not going to tolerate me anymore now either they will send me back to treatment centre or i will make my condition bad, very bad and i will go to jail or i may even die.. the way i was trying to live will definitely get me into trouble and surely had to face any of these consequences..I really had this realisation that day.. and this realisation proved effective for me.. that day i called someone who's living without using and i already got identification from that guy in the meetings.. i was still coming to meeting even though i was drinking and during that time i got to hear this member's sharing and i realised that i too can live like this... This incident also help me understand the meaning of KEEP COMING BACK slogan.. so after the last relapse in Nov 2020 i called him and asked for help..
Life has changed since then.. since that day i have been coming to the NA/AA rooms continuously and life has become worth living.. actually it has turned out to be much better than i thought.. Today I don't need to do drugs or drink in any problem.. i am living with the solution.. i also have a sponsor with whom I am trying to practice the 12 steps in my life and i am trying to help someone else also.

by: Sirohi 1 week, 6 days ago

The real gift that i have received is today i can save someone who's dying from drug/drink addiction, how can I be more blessed .. thankyou almighty for giving me the second life. i will try to make it more useful to others, that's the goal today.
sorry for my bad english and inbetween hault, thankyou everyone 🤗❤️ Much Love and Peace ✌️ 🕊️

by: Sirohi 1 week, 6 days ago

This is so freaking awesome!! Congrats! Keep on keeping on, you're an inspiration! 🌟

by: gothdetective 1 week, 6 days ago

Much love Sirohi, your story is an inspiration. I just hit my 2 year sober from multiple addictions today. A similar story to yours, I am so grateful daily.

by: Cemlo 1 week, 6 days ago