View All Subjects

Day 8 (wedding anniversary)

created by: Deesmallz 2 weeks ago

Hello all, I stopped drinking 11/11/22. I haven’t wanted or craved for a drink the entire time. It was very easy this time for me to deal with it. I ate very healthy and been very active. Last night was our 22 wedding anniversary and I had two small cups of wine. I didn’t feel the urge to drink anymore. I feel confident in myself not to continue to drink and take care of my body. I wonder if anyone else has had one or two drinks on a special occasion although manages to stay away from drinking on a regular basics. Or any advice.

by: Deesmallz 2 weeks ago
replying to Deesmallz

Not a good idea if you are an alcoholic. I have known many people over the years who got away with it, sometimes for weeks or months, then suddenly they went on a binge and ,i.e. wrecked their car, abused their spouse, acted crazy at an office party, and the examples go on and on...I would recommend talking to a counselor who can give you an SASSI test and who understands the importance of total abstinence. Ask yourself if you have tried to cut down or stop drinking on your own before and what were the consequences.

by: Grateful 2 weeks ago

Happy Anniversary. I would say it is a very bad idea to allow yourself a drink if you have an addiction problem Deesmallz. For me a little glass to celebrate leads to a big bottle to celebrate, to drinking again the next day and the next etc. It is part of the definition of addiction. And it is one that has taken me a lot of time to understand. A friend once described it well by saying that normal drinkers do not sit around contemplating whether they should allow themselves have a drink to celebrate - they just have a drink. Congratulations on your sober time

by: cerulea59 1 week, 5 days ago