View All Subjects

3yrs clean and randomly getting cravings WTF

created by: Dnutz187 1 year, 4 months ago

I’m 3yrs clean and some days out of nowhere the enemy still comes knocking on my door! It only last a few minutes thank god but it’s still baffling that even being sober this long my mind still kind of wants it!!

by: Dnutz187 1 year, 4 months ago
replying to Dnutz187

Exactly, cunning baffling and powerful. That's why we can never rest on our laurels. What kept us sober or clean yesterday won't keep us clean today .
A daily reprieve is all we are given based on our spiritual condition ,that says to me God got me sober but it's up to me to grow and maintain my spiritual condition.
Sharing like you have is a spiritual practice, what other spiritual principles are you practising today ? BTW thanks for the reminder 😁

by: AussieDrunk 1 year, 4 months ago

it is amazing. I was watching TV and a guy started pouring Jack daniels and coke .and in that moment in time I would have killed for a jd and coke.all consuming craving. stay strong brother.

by: Stoic 1 year, 4 months ago

Im 3 years clean, too, and can say it is strange how I've been thinking about using and the effects from using... You're not alone. I just had a baby, too, and I think I'm just really tired. My mind is weakest when it's tired lol

by: Inubyte 1 year, 4 months ago
replying to Inubyte

Thanks for sharing Inubyte. You reminded me about HALT which stands for Hungry, Angry, Lonely, and Tired. If I have any of these triggers, I need to absolve them to the best of my ability before I do anything else lest I risk them impacting my sobriety.

by: Grateful 1 year, 4 months ago