View All Subjects

Gambling, addiction, loneliness

created by: BadRob 4 years, 9 months ago

Yesterday i lost it all because of gambling. I lost everything I’ve been saving for, a car, vacation, my own place to live, everything. I had no reason to do it, but I couldn’t stop. I have good job, I have great basketball career and nice people around me. At the same time I feel very lonely. I feel lost in my own thoughts. I’m just 24 years old and I’ve been gambling for 4 years, ever since I’ve been working and earning money. Wrong people and wrong time. I’ve been trying to cut my addiction several times but it always comes back... like a neighbour I never want to see. I have lost my girlfriend few months ago and after that my addiction had been stronger then ever. Alcohol abuse with gambling satisfied my emptiness. I’ve been on edge several times but I kept winning. Yesterday I’ve lost it all. I couldn’t say no. After it happened I told my parents about my addiction and every one that was close to me, i couldn’t keep it in me. I have a feeling that no one understands me. I feel like I don’t have a meaning in this life. I keep disappointing myself and people around me. I feel depressed and very lonely. Thinking about everything I have lost gives me even more anxiety and makes me more depressed. Today is my second day of quitting it all. I pray to God I will never make the same mistake again. I’m sorry for everyone who has been through this or is feeling similar to me. Pray for me.

by: BadRob 4 years, 9 months ago
replying to BadRob

I agree with Jennifer. There are also treatment centers that focus on gambling addiction. It is a disorder in the DSMV. It is a real thing that you cannot control by will power or wishing it will go away. Get help. Treatment plus GA works. You can DEFINITELY come back from this. I am praying for your recovery and for you to let go and trust help. Keep checking back with us. Your crisis is the beginning of a miracle if you choose to get help.

by: Clean 4 years, 9 months ago

I’m so glad you’re reaching out. That is the first step. Please contact gamblers anonymous. You should be able to find a meeting by googling GA anonymous and your city. You’re young and have everything ahead of you. Please reach out as there are people who can help you work through this. Your story is very touching. I wish I had some experience in this area. Please let us know how you’re doing.

by: Sunshine0208 4 years, 9 months ago