View All Subjects

I think I have a problem

created by: Georgie 4 years, 9 months ago

I’m 22 years old and consistently drink until I black out- I never seem to be able to just have one, and once I’ve had one I always think about more and obsess over the next drink. I do embarrassing things that I don’t remember- does anyone have any tips on not beating yourself up forever about the things I do drunk? I feel like I’m going to lose the closest people to me, and know I need to move forward to a fresh day but I can’t stop focusing on all the bad things I’ve done in the past.

by: Georgie 4 years, 9 months ago
replying to Georgie

Don't pick up the first drink. Try AA face to face meetings. Ask about young people's meetings. If you don't drink, you can't get drunk. Peace and Light!

by: Clean 4 years, 9 months ago

Georgie, the best way to not focus on your past misdeeds is to not make them anymore. Focus on your plan, your mission to get well. Invest in your better self. Be active in your own recovery. Get busy. It doesn’t matter what that entails, exercise, biking, hiking, walking, reading, journaling, cooking...it doesn’t matter! Just do it whether you feel like it or not. Those feelings of guilt and self loathing can be replaced by pride, self confidence and general good health. Prayers, strength and love to you Georgie, Mara
🙏🏼❤️💪🏼

by: Mara 4 years, 9 months ago

Yes it’s going to be hard.People say look to the future which is true.I only started today and I know it’s going to be a battle.Good luck stay positive and I hear swimming and walking is good for the mind body and spirit.If you have lots of friends who love to drink maybe give them a wide birth in the meantime as I am going to do and see a psychologist as they can be a great help as well.All the best😊😊

by: peter 4 years, 9 months ago