View All Subjects

Using AI to beat addictions

created by: Mjacobson73 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi all,

So I’m on a mission to turn this ship around again. I once made it a year without drinking and decided if I could do that, nothing was wrong with me. Big mistake.

It takes a lot of courage and effort to start again. So, I thought I’d share a little trick in using.

One of the things that I really enjoy about sobriety is being able to get good sleep. Right now I’m sitting with my cats having a coffee with soft lights on and listening to some upbeat music. I love having this time to myself.

The real payoff is at about 5pm the night before this. You see, it’s at this time when I am most likely to slip and fall. Last night was a prime example. Something completely minor pissed me off. My chest got tight and I happened to be opening a bottle of champagne for my wife (who, by the way, pours herself half a glass every night and has one sip because she thinks it looks pretty). I thought about necking the bottle knowing full well it was a stupid and foolish idea.

I took a deep breath and poured myself a Pepsi on ice, even added a slice of lemon.

Big win.

What tricks do you use? I get mine from Artificial Intelligence.

Matt

by: Mjacobson73 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Welcome Matt 🤗 I don't think we have had someone here yet seeking support from AI but I find that actually not a bad start if you can learn something quickly from it. I like the audiobook "this naked mind" from Annie Grace, it was reassuring and calming to listen to it. it will be 2 years in a couple of days and I could not be happier. self sabotaging for many years left some health marks but otherwise i am now grateful for every morning i wake up without the hangover. you will hear this often: one day at a time. and this is really helpful because it's only today you have to worry about. tomorrow is another day and no matter what problem might trigger you it will be much easier to handle if you make it sober until tomorrow and just keep going one day at a time. keep us posted.

by: Kermit_ 10 months, 2 weeks ago