View All Subjects

Sugar cravings?

created by: Mara 4 years, 9 months ago

Hey everyone! I am new here. I have 37 days sober. I’ve been going through a lot of stressful family “junk” lately. I’m doing great keeping the wine witch at bay, but chocolate! That’s another story! Any advice. How long can I expect this to last? Thank God I’m exercising a lot more, anyone?

by: Mara 4 years, 9 months ago
replying to Mara

You are going great. Try applying the 12 steps to your family. Its pretty common to have sugar cravings. I can't live without chocolate and I exercise everyday. I guess if you really feel like the chocolate is out of control, you could try an OA meeting or FAA meeting.

by: Grateful 4 years, 9 months ago
replying to Mara

Yes I’m coming off herion and I crave sweets sour patch straws are my best friend lol

by: SoberAshley 4 years, 9 months ago
replying to SoberAshley

I’m eating way more sugar than before as well. I figure if it helps why not? It’s better than me binge drinking & blacking out all the time.

by: PageJune 4 years, 9 months ago

I just wouldn’t worry about it at this point. I know that alcohol has a ton of sugar. That was the drug of my choice. I have several months in the program and I’m still craving sugar. In fact I have the exact same cravings as you. I’m eating sour patch EVERYTHING as well as chocolate. M & M’s. My new drug of choice!! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ I understand this will pass. You’re doing fabulous. By good to yourself and try not to worry about your sugar cravings. I’m going to allow me to eat whatever I want for 6 months and then worry about it.

by: Sunshine0208 4 years, 9 months ago

Love hearing from everyone. Thank you all! I’m thrilled that the sugar I’m consuming isn’t coming in a wine glass! Keep up the good work everyone!

by: Mara 4 years, 9 months ago