View All Subjects

Having a hard time to be sober again

created by: Markelion 9 months, 3 weeks ago

I managed last year to be sober but after the pandemic and living alone again back with the environment of being alone. Cant last for more than 2 days and now I dont have a job anymore, cant get the motivation to exercise, the suffering getting worst Im only feeling good some night when im high but when i wake up the next day all i could think is to find a way how i get through the day.

by: Markelion 9 months, 3 weeks ago

I'm sorry you're going through this. Are you a member of a recovery community and program? Try AA or Celebrate Recovery. You need to be around people who can relate, going to meetings and sharing, serving on a regular schedule to help build routine. Then I think your confidence will boost and you'll want to exercise again. These are things that helped me. You can do this!

by: krw579 9 months, 3 weeks ago
replying to krw579

I lived here in the Philippines. Any suggestion for a virtual recovery community?

by: Markelion 9 months, 3 weeks ago
replying to Markelion

It looks like there are resources and meetings in the Philippines. I went to this link and found some www.aa.org/find-aa; this is the website for AA.

by: krw579 9 months, 3 weeks ago

welcome markelion 🤗 i think it's great that you posted here. I also read here that for some people virtual aa meetings worked well, they run around the clock. I haven't tried them myself yet but if you get desperate one day I think that's next for me, everything is worth trying. do you have access to audio books through a library? I found it very empowering to listen to books while walking. if not empowering then at least distracting and i always felt better after a walk. there is a book by Annie Grace called this naked mind. I listened to that when I quit first. it kept me calm, explained a bunch of things. I know you have gotten sober before but dont know what you did exactly last time. so i am just suggesting what I found helpful, maybe there is something fitting for you. please let us know how it goes. it's one day at a time.

by: Kermit_ 9 months, 3 weeks ago

Google AA meetings Philippines. There are in person and online meetings .

by: AussieDrunk 9 months, 3 weeks ago