View All Subjects

6 months lost?

created by: joselurker 3 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi Jose,

Tell us a bit more about what's going on.

by: Nakia 3 months, 2 weeks ago

After almost 6 months of sobriety, I used cocaine again. Day one again. I lost money, my health, the trust of my family - that suffered a lot, lost professional issues. I'm kind of "chronic relapser". It seems that when I'm reachind a stable sobriety, I begin to do dangerous things that leave vulnerable to use. Specially contacting people that I know that I should not. Ever.

by: joselurker 3 months, 2 weeks ago
replying to joselurker

I'm sorry to hear that. I can definitely relate, I was a chronic relapser when it came to alcohol - been to in and out-patient rehab. Even with all of that, I reached my bottom at the beginning of the pandemic, and am grateful to say I have been able to stay sober for three years because of faith in a Higher Power, active therapy, being sponsored, and using my resources - one of which is using this app regularly.

I had to complete surrender to the reality that I am forever unable to control my thinking and my behavior if I ingest alcohol or drugs.

I hope you stick around, read other people's shares and share yourself. There is community here, if you wish to take part. Sending love.

~Nakia 💜

by: Nakia 3 months, 2 weeks ago

Returning here just to say that I'm 8 days sober.

by: joselurker 3 months, 1 week ago
replying to joselurker

Thanks for keeping us posted. Let's keep going together

by: Kermit_ 3 months, 1 week ago
replying to joselurker

Try posting daily Joselurker. This program is a day at a time. You don't need an excuse to post.

by: Grateful 3 months, 1 week ago
replying to Grateful

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to do it with regularity! Daily, if I can. Recovery must came in first place. And then, I think that I must find a moment a day to share my ups and downs. Hugs from Brazil!

by: joselurker 3 months, 1 week ago

Wishing you the strength to succeed this time. Nothing is ever lost if we don't give up 🤗🙏❤️🙃

by: Cemlo 3 months, 1 week ago

Hi, friends. One day at a time, with the help of my friends and a Higher Power of my understanding, today I reached 3 weeks sober. Thank you all for helping me to staying alive and healthy.

by: joselurker 2 months, 4 weeks ago
replying to joselurker

Congratulations Joselurker!! 3 weeks and a thousand new joys having you around.

by: Grateful 2 months, 4 weeks ago
replying to joselurker

Thanks for letting us know and let's keep going!

by: Kermit_ 2 months, 3 weeks ago
replying to joselurker

YES! 🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊

by: Nakia 2 months, 3 weeks ago

Congrats on 3 weeks! 💪🏻👍

by: DA0523 2 months, 3 weeks ago

Today I'm 27 days clean. Passed through a very stresfull situation dealing with resentment of my sister related to me, the help she had given to me when I was stoned and all the suffering that I caused to all my family. I didn’t felt thoughts of using, but I'd like to go to nowhere, where the ghosts of my past didn’t kick in my door so hard.

by: joselurker 2 months, 2 weeks ago
replying to joselurker

Way to go on 27 days! I'm a chronic relapser on coke and alcohol. I understand the battle. So very proud of you!!

by: krw579 2 months, 2 weeks ago
replying to joselurker

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! 🎊🎊🎊🎉🎉🎉🎉

I know the feeling of wanting to go to "nowhere." Resist it, it's empty. By staying with the feelings you can get support, you can learn, and you can build. You move past it and can open yourself up to good emotions.

We love you and I am truly so happy to read your day count. Big hugs to you 💜💜💜💜💜

~Nakia 💜

by: Nakia 2 months, 2 weeks ago

Keep going, these testing times make us stronger when we don't take the easy path to using. Love and best wishes

by: Cemlo 2 months, 2 weeks ago

Thanks, friends! 🙏🙏🙏

by: joselurker 2 months, 2 weeks ago

45 days.

by: joselurker 2 months ago
replying to joselurker

Congratulations! ❤

by: Vita2037 2 months ago