View All Subjects

Love not Ego

created by: Surfer12 2 months, 4 weeks ago

Recovery has taught me to act out of love not ego. For some reason that helps me stay sober. Go figure. What has your recovery program taught you?

by: Surfer12 2 months, 4 weeks ago
replying to Surfer12

Hi Surfer,

My recovery program has taught me to pause and not react out of fear. I used to be so reactionary because I was scared of what others may think.

Happy Thanksgiving to all celebrating!

~Nakia 💜

by: Nakia 2 months, 4 weeks ago
replying to Surfer12

It has taught me that being honest with others and myself, being selfless and accepting & not reacting to situations sustains abstainance and ongoing recovery😋

by: dolphin72 2 months, 3 weeks ago

I've learnt to laugh at myself in particular the nonsense going on in my head .
Thank God there is a power greater than me myself and I .
I can only find it now and I couldn't live now until I cleaned up my past which changed tge way I think and feel now. I don't regret the past and I rarely think about the future I follow my intuition which flows from living now I take action when guided to do so and let things be when I'm unsure .
I've learnt that I'm not running the show and my life flows better when I'm not thinking about myself

by: AussieDrunk 2 months, 3 weeks ago

Thanks for writing these. They're encouraging ❤ ... what came to be after so and so time. Have a nice day sober!

by: Vita2037 2 months, 3 weeks ago

I have learned that I can still enjoy things without alcohol. I didn't think I could at first, but now I do. I thought too I would miss my time at the local pub and I do miss talking with friends there but I have more money in my pocket now and I like that. I plan on doing more fishing, but because of my disability I need to have someone with me, so it makes it difficult to plan a fishing trip. Still, though, life without the sickness of mixing my meds and whiskey is just so much better now I think how much better I feel and that in itself is a great reward.

by: MikeG 2 months, 3 weeks ago