View All Subjects

441 days sober

created by: DA0523 2 months, 4 weeks ago

14.5 months sober. Haven’t posted in a while

You are all a huge part of my recovery and for anyone that is new here it definitely is possible to get sober and create a different life for yourself. Getting on this app shows that you know for yourself it is the right time for a change- an amazing beautiful change.
Life without drugs/alcohol is beautiful- we just have to push and fight those drugs out of the way. Comment below your favourite things about sobriety please ❤️

Some of my favs:
No hangovers or blackouts
Clear head and I feel healthier
I’m more loving and patient
I’m reliable and responsible

by: DA0523 2 months, 4 weeks ago
replying to DA0523

❤️ thanks for being with us!
- new confidence enabling personal growth
- no new guilt or additional depression
- stabilizing health and mood allowing happiness and joy

by: Kermit_ 2 months, 4 weeks ago
replying to Kermit_

Love these! Very relatable for me as well! Hope you are doing well, Kermit :)

by: DA0523 2 months, 4 weeks ago
replying to DA0523

Thank you for sharing!
Mine are:
-Clear mind and clear decision making
-No more hangover anxiety
-No more worrying that I did something while blacked out to affect my job, relationship, or family
-Confidence that I can handle anything life throws at me

by: anony345 2 months, 4 weeks ago
replying to anony345

Those are huge reasons right there to quit, Anony. I can relate to them for sure. I always worried first thing in the morning after drinking about what I did and said which would affect everything around me. Relationships, work, family, finances. It’s a lot less stressful waking up everyday now

by: DA0523 2 months, 3 weeks ago
replying to anony345

"No more worrying that I did something...to affect my job..." Reading that three days ago made me feel like I wasn't the only one. Thank you. This is my first post and first time seeking support. I'm 17 days into what's hopefully going to be my last time stopping.

by: PDice 2 months, 3 weeks ago
replying to PDice

Welcome PDice, thanks for joining us. Lots of nice people here are willing to share from their own experience. I am glad you started posting as well. Keep us posted and ask for help before using again. Congratulations for 17 days, let's keep going together. One day at a time.

by: Kermit_ 2 months, 3 weeks ago
replying to DA0523

Thanks for sharing. Happy I get to follow along, it is inspiring to hear of the changes sobriety brought in your life.

With being sober, my favorite is the ability to let go. Let live, let God, will see what happens when time comes... etc... makes me less controlling, less judgemental, more forgiving. At least it feels that way. Not that I don't do what I can to prepare for whatever may worry me.

Congratulations on 14.5 months! 😃

by: Vita2037 2 months, 4 weeks ago
replying to Vita2037

Thanks Vita, I’m happy to follow along this sobriety journey with you too! Those are fantastic reasons. I’m definitely less controlling and judgemental too now

replying to DA0523

14.5 is wonderful progress Keep up the good work!

What Sobriety blesses me with is I'm on this side of the dirt(lol) with my history and over 45 years of struggling with this disease and my INSANITY...Sobriety gives me Peace because I let go and surrendered its allowing me to experience Love when my mind is Not full of poison everyday my heart is able to get insnyc and I become caring,compassionate,and aware and appreciatative of life, that God is offering me on his terms(Acceptance) I actually feel true Joy which is not depending on external conditions. I have more Patience and im able to focus and concentrate and complete tasks without feeling resentful.
I have more energy. I am sleeping like a baby, not having that 600lb Gorilla of guilt,shame,regret,Fear,dread on top of me.

by: Pambfree 2 months, 3 weeks ago
replying to DA0523

Thought of you today DA0523. Hope the holidays are going well ❤️ one day at a time

by: Kermit_ 1 month, 3 weeks ago

Chance for eternal life from this day forward in Kingdom of God. If I pick up the first drink, I lose that chance.

by: Grateful 2 months, 4 weeks ago
replying to Grateful

Amen

by: Nakia 2 months, 4 weeks ago
replying to Grateful

Yes picking up the first drink isn’t worth it! Have to remind myself if this whenever drinking comes to mind