View All Subjects

Energy - alcohol

created by: Chantel89 1 month, 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone. Drinking always gave me enough energy to clean and do everything I needed to do plus more. But I recently decided I want to stop and the only problem I'm having is I have no energy or motivation. Does anyone have any advice or input on what they did? Or how long it will take me to get even the slightest but of energy back?

by: Chantel89 1 month, 3 weeks ago
replying to Chantel89

i am not an alcoholic or have an issue with alcohol. my DOC is fentanyl which also gave me an immense amount of energy. when i first stopped using i had 0 energy and 0 motivation. but what i did was set a VERY simple goal for myself. as simple as getting up and brushing my teeth, taking a shower, making the bed, putting only the silverware into the dishwasher. whatever small goal you want to make. eventually you’ll be able to do two of those things.. make your bed AND brush your teeth. and it just gets easier as sobriety goes on. good luck, i wish you the best.

by: mynamesnoah 1 month, 3 weeks ago
replying to mynamesnoah

Even if Drug of Choice is not alcohol, it is important not to pick up the first drink. I've seen lots of major collapses when that happens. Love you all.

by: Surfer12 1 month, 3 weeks ago
replying to Chantel89

When I was drinking it did give me a kind of false energy. Alcohol anetheistizes the brain. It's why drunks fall break an arm or leg and don't feel much until they sober up. So there I am, cane in one hand forgoing my meds because they don't mix to well with whiskey and I'm yodeling and prancing around to cowboy music hour after hour until the sun comes up and the whiskey is gone .
Why my neighbors never called the sheriff is a mystery but my caregiver who lives on the property wasn't happy. Said I should pay him extra because he had to stay up watching my sorry ass in case I fell and couldn't get back up.
Then the crash comes once I stopped drinking and couldn't get out of bed. And boy-howdy am I hurting now, for days.
So you're probably waking up and feeling drugged because you went and anthethitze your brain like I once did.
It will get better. Took me a little over two months but I feel as best as I can now.

by: MikeG 1 month, 3 weeks ago

For me it’s been a sugar replacement and i’m not into sweets. I can relate b/c i would always get started drinking when making a big dinner at home (i was a professional cook for many years). And yes, undergoing big house projects on days off it was my reward (no matter what time of day). I have found NA beers satisfy for me. Eat sugar or have an NA….Bravus is a great craft NA beer, Athletic brewing, and Sober Carpenter all make good craft NA beers. It’s helped me….not saying it’s for everyone but i can only offer up what’s working for me…48 days sober. Can’t express how helpful finding some AA folks you can vibe w/ will get you through sone of the toughest times!!!

by: lupe 1 month, 3 weeks ago