View All Subjects

A New Life

created by: mynamesnoah 1 month, 3 weeks ago

my name is noah and i’m am an addict. i’ve been to rehab 4 times all at the same facility. every time i left before i never followed through with a program but this time i am going to a sober living house (i’ve already been accepted and move in tomorrow) im going to get a sponsor and also work the 12 steps. i’m ready for this journey and to start a new life.. a fresh start. i’m excited and anxious.

by: mynamesnoah 1 month, 3 weeks ago
replying to mynamesnoah

So proud of you for wanting to break that cycle. One step at a time..YOU GOT THIS!

by: anonymous 1 month, 3 weeks ago
replying to anonymous

thank you very much! i just downloaded this app 5 minutes ago. someone talked about it in group today. i’m 41 days sober :)

replying to mynamesnoah

Congratulations Noah! The most important thing you can do is to keep pushing forward, and never stop trying to be your best self. Addicts seem to give up on themselves so waiting that, in my opinion, is what keeps us down for so long. You are WORTH THIS FIGHT. The hardest part is getting started, once you've committed to sobriety and you've already done that! The difference this time is you don't just WANT it, you are actively taking the steps to GET IT. So do yours the best favor you can, and let yourself love you enough to KEEP GOING NO MATTER WHAT. Even if you have to take life second by second some times, it's another second sober, and it's a BIG DEAL. I'm rooting for you, and I believe you can do it! I was an alcoholic for a year before switching to Heroin and later Fentanyl for 10 years. I gave my entire 20's away, but now I am 32, and 30 days sober, no MAT, I did it cold turkey, and although I STILL don't feel 100%, it's better than chasing dope all day. I am rediscovering myself, and it's scary, but FUN. I also recommend Hopeaholics podcast if you want some community, without too much religion behind it, they have meetings on Tuesdays 6pm LA time. I'm in AZ so it's 7 here, but the meetings are great! They have a speaker, then open up for sharing, there's chat going on, and banter from the hosts as well. It's truly a good time, and a great resource. Take care! :)

by: Yadebug 1 month, 3 weeks ago
replying to Yadebug

that was so nice and genuine. thank you so much. good luck to you. i could not do this without a medically assisted taper and the help of medicine. i’m on suboxone but im already almost off it. i’m 43 days sober today and am looking forward to my future

replying to mynamesnoah

Of course, I appreciate you being here, and being vulnerable enough to share. Remember, how you get there is your own journey, we all require different things to reach our destination. (Though sobriety is really just a never ending journey) There is absolutely no shame in using MAT or any other tools developed to help someone get sober. Whatever it takes to make you into a better version of yourself, is all that matters. Before I started fentanyl, I was on Heroin for about 5 years and I managed to get 11 months free from heroin using 55mg of methadone. Even though 55mg is a relatively low dose, (I was at 120 at one point) I still caught so much flack for "traiding one drug for another". Finally, my doctor had a talk with me after I refused to go up on dosage because I didn't want to be judged. She said, "if you were diabetic and I prescribed you X amount of insulin, would you tell me, "no. That's too much."? Or would you trust that I have experience and I can see that 40mg isn't enough, and you are putting yourself at risk of relapse? I was dumbfounded. She was right--so I went up to 55 and it kept me well enough to function normally, without cravings or anxiety, and i was able to work and live a normal life. All of which, I could NEVER manage on heroin, so I'd dare someone to come at me with some crap about "trading one for another". As long as you use it correctly, and your goal is to taper, and not use it as a life long crutch, you are doing it right. Whatever it takes to keep you out of the streets, and get you back into society is the goal. For you to be someone that makes YOU proud. Good luck, my friend! Also, how is the sober living going?! Well, I hope!

by: Yadebug 1 month, 3 weeks ago
replying to mynamesnoah

Hello Noah best wishes for you hope everything works out for you. 9 days off oxycodone and it's hell

by: Lucas 1 month, 3 weeks ago
replying to mynamesnoah

Good luck and God bless. Easy does it. One day at a time. Do whatever you need to do to heal yourself. AA and the Sober living house sounds like it will change your life for the better.

by: anonymous 1 month, 2 weeks ago

im now 36 days sober. I've been to rehab three times. I never followed through before but there was something about this time. It felt different I really wanted to quit and that's part of it. I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. You got this. One of the things they told me was 90 meetings in 90 days and that's been helping a lot. Keep your chin up know that this is what you want and give it to God. Do his will instead of your own because I know when I do my will I end up doing a f*** ton of drugs. Try something new. Again you got this.

by: LydiaDallas 1 month, 3 weeks ago
replying to LydiaDallas

♥️♥️