View All Subjects

Chad

created by: SoberChad@24! 1 month, 3 weeks ago

I just served 16 years in prison I’m sober 1188 days today been out 17 days trying to adjust to society any suggestions

by: SoberChad@24! 1 month, 3 weeks ago

Looking for a sponsor that can relate to my situation

by: SoberChad@24! 1 month, 3 weeks ago

If no one is able to sponsor you here, try getting one at an AA meeting. Strongly recommend 90 meetings in 90 days! We all have been in prisons of different kinds. Ive found that Freedom is living a consistent daily recovery program.

by: Grateful 1 month, 3 weeks ago

Welcome home! The world is a completely different place from when you went in, but people really are the same at the end of the day. My suggestion for the best way to stay sober and integrate successfully is to FIND A POSITIVE COMMUNITY. The people you associate with are a direct reflection of you. My brother did 6 years, 3 times now, and this time, he came out sober, went to a sober living house (instead of my mom's house in a drug filled neighborhood), he got a job immediately which helped him build self worth, and confidence. He spent his free time going to meetings, and doing therapy to get to the root of his issues, and just for maintenance. Take it slow. I know it has got to be exciting, but also scary. Spend some time rediscovering yourself, and your hobbies as well. This is a new chance for you to reinvent yourself, and I would say that you are doing a great job so far seeing as you are here seeking help. The best thing you can do for yourself is to never give up on yourself, and always put effort into you, and being the best version of you possible. Never stop trying to learn, and be better. I believe in you, my friend! Keep fighting the good fight, and you will be rewarded for your efforts. 🙏🏽

Side note: I highly recommend the Hopeaholics podcast if you aren't able to attend meetings, or just for an extra resource. Every Tuesday at 6pm LA time, they have a zoom meeting online where they have a guest speaker, then open up the floor to the rest of us to share and ask questions, etc. I've really enjoyed it myself. They have a YouTube, and Instagram where you can find more info and get each weeks link.
-Channelle

by: Yadebug 1 month, 3 weeks ago