View All Subjects

Willingly

created by: Sully 1 month, 3 weeks ago

How to get through a craving

by: Sully 1 month, 3 weeks ago
replying to Sully

It's a roller coaster. When you have that craving your brain is against your flesh. Your brain is trying to do everything it can to give it it's fix. The roller does eventually come down. But I'm 5 months so er and I still crave. That crave will never go away it's just what you choose to do when it peaks. I wish you all the best. If you need anyone to talk to hit me up. I need all the encouragement I can find

by: Buzzedchaos 1 month, 3 weeks ago
replying to Sully

Hi Sully,

I'm glad you are here! Have you heard of HALT?

H - Hungry
A - Angry
L - Lonely
T - Tired

If you experience cravings, you can often get past it by making sure one of the above feelings are not present, and if one or all are, tending to those needs.

Keep posting and asking for help. You can get through this. Post before you resort to picking up your DOC (drug of choice).

~Nakia 💜

by: Nakia 1 month, 3 weeks ago

Please tell me how you get through cravings

by: Sully 1 month, 3 weeks ago

Distractions, keeping busy, thinking of something else that I would want just as much, but is probable for me to do. Tried not to let those thoughts roll out, interrupted them by doing something else or thinking something else ... It's first month that is tough, the first two weeks especially.... But It gets easier with time. Remind yourself that It is possible to get through them and that you can do it... :)

by: Vita2037 1 month, 3 weeks ago

I call my AA Sponsor. After about 2 months, the cravings really reduced and weren't as striong. I have many years now clean and sober.
Grateful.

by: Grateful 1 month, 3 weeks ago