View All Subjects

8 Weeks Clean, Sober and exhausted

created by: Jossboss 4 years, 7 months ago

So i had been using cocaine on and off for almost 20 years... In recent years my use was two to three times a week or more and every time I would drink alcohol I would call my dealer. Anyways long story short I decided cocaine and alcohol no longer fit in my life I am now 8 weeks clean and sober. I have made a lot of positive changes I have hired a nutritionist I am trying to work out when I can when I feel like it my job is going well the one thing that is really bugging me is that I am absolutely exhausted everyday. I definitely went through the pink cloud part of it's the first week or two without drugs or alcohol I felt amazing. I was ecstatic I was excited to go out and do things I thought oh my God I feel awesome. But it didn't last for long I'm still pushing through and continuing on with making positive changes but this feeling of absolute fatigue everyday and memory is quite terrible I know it's only been eight weeks I'm hoping this gets better I don't know if this is a symptom of post-acute withdrawal symptom anyways just hoping to hear some feedback from people who have been here before when does this go away?

by: Jossboss 4 years, 7 months ago
replying to Jossboss

Seems to e different for everybody, but it WILL go away. For me, it was lots of emotional and physical up and downs for about the first year. i just got comfortable being uncomfortable and that attitude really helped. For sure I am glad I didn't try to use any drugs (alcohol included) to deal with the ups and downs because I knew where that would lead me.

by: Clean 4 years, 7 months ago
replying to Jossboss

I am so right there with you! its a huge trigger for me and I just want to wake up and have energy. I only have 72 days but I just wanted you to know you're not alone ❤️

by: Jessica89 4 years, 6 months ago

I think for me being tired from withdrawal was my biggest distraction from my goal. Like I was use to being active and having lots of energy. So that’s def something to adjust to, but changing what you eat and sleeping habits over time I heard helps. This time I’m pushing past my fatigue 💪🏽.....Stay strong ❤️

by: LongLiveChris7 4 years, 6 months ago
replying to LongLiveChris7

100% Same... its a huge trigger for me because I haven't struggled with being tired because of dextroamphetamine and always had so much energy. booze was always my go to but then I got pills and that was easier to use and nobody would know.

by: Jessica89 4 years, 6 months ago